Laughter is the Best Medicine

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Three down, @!#$% to go!

Disclaimer: Adam is at the helm, which means his humor (or lack thereof) may emerge from the shadows of what I want to say.

Today's cancer journey consisted of venturing up the hill to the Huntsman Cancer Hospital for a nooner, uh, I mean, noon appointment. My dear friend, Kim Sesek, who now lives in Auburn, Alabama, accompanied me (she accompanied me on all but one chemo appointment the first time - love ya, Kim!).

Hellifino the phlebotomist drew blood for lab tests. Kim and I waited an hour to see my oncologist's nurse practitioner. My lab tests were pretty good today. Although my red counts were still low (I have been anemic for more than two months), no need for a transfusion. Also, my nurse practitioner was happy with my tumor marker results (my tumor marker is a lab result that provides a rough measurement of my cancer's behavior - the lower the number, the better). Kim and I then went to the infusion center for my third infusion of Adriamycin (sp?) aka "The Red Devil." At least it's red. If it were blue, I would have thrown in the towell three years ago. :-) GO UTES!

My infusion lasted "only" two hours today - shortest one yet. Came home to a warm and delicious meal compliments of our friends, the Huddlestons. Drew a bath (without any writing instruments or pad...unbelievable!), helped put the kids to bed, and am tired and ready for bed.

Penultimate thought of the night: I will probably lose my hair within a week, so look for details on the second tri-annual head-shaving party.

Last thought of the night: thanks to my family and friends for your incredible love and support. You are keeping me and my family going.

XOXO

TerriLyn

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, that post had a little Adam-flavor to it, didn't it? I'm glad the day went well and I'll be there at the head shaving party with camera in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Terrilyn! You've been on my mind lately. Glad to see the new blog. *HUGS* You and your family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, TL, I didn't know you could write so well! Amazing! Your vocabulary, use of diction, and refrain from dangling participles was impressive! And you said you weren't an English major in college!?! Pah! What else are you hiding in that brain o' yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and hoping that the New Year brings peace of mind and GOOD NEWS. Lots of love from our family to yours.
    xoxox,
    Manessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ALL are such an inspiration and I pray and think of you every morning and every evening. You are brave and witty; strong and stubborn; bossy and humble... LOVE it!

    xoxo
    Amy Conn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sky is so blue above and the snow is glistening white below us. Although the holiday season has passed us by, we still celebrate the season of winter in all of it's crispness and clarity. How lucky we are to live in a place where season's are so perfectly balanced.

    oox
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. TerriLyn, I love you for setting up this blog so that I can stay in touch with you. (you too, Adam) I'm thinking about you often and send lots of healing, loving energy your way.
    xoxox
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo of your family is absolutely beautiful! Would LOVE to see you tomorrow between students. Let me see what I can negotiate!.

    Love, love, love....
    (as always)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. TerriLyn - The Peters' family carries you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. We have just purchased figurative tickets to share the roller coaster of a ride through life with you. Please let us know what you need - we would be honored to make the details of daily life a little less burdensome for you all allowing you to focus on receiving care and healing your way into 2010. With love - Becca, Micah and Stella Vie

    ReplyDelete