Laughter is the Best Medicine

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First chemo treatment in three weeks + need for two units of blood = S-L-E-E-P-Y

(Adam at the helm...for better or worse).

I'm sleepy (and my scribe is busy at work), so I'll keep this short. My white blood cell counts were too low each of the last two weeks for me to receive chemo. Today (which started so pleasantly at 9:00 a.m.) my white counts were high enough to receive the Red Devil. My red counts were also low enough that I will receive two units of blood (am currently receiving my second). Sigh. Have yet to talk to my medical team about my lab results...will post later if I learn anything unusual.

Thanks to family and friends for calls, emails, text messages, Facebook posts, hugs, kisses, foot rubs (scribe: huh?), back rubs (scribe: whoa!), flowers, meals, prayers, positive thoughts, well wishes, play dates with Gabs and Ryan, blood donating, head shaving, and all other support you have provided me and my family. Thanks to your efforts, my family's metaphorical water line has remained below the nostrils.

XOXO
A very sleepy TL

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog through Laina's blog. Beezer has been keeping me updated on you health. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Derek & Nativa Rodeback

    P.S My blog is private, I'd be glad to invite you if you send me your email:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I didn't get you my email. Nrodeback@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get on those foot rubs Adam! Glad to hear you guys are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete